Redirect 301 /ads.txt https://srv.adstxtmanager.com/0/benta-jobs-monster.blogspot.com --------------------------------------------------------- Best Way to Be Luckier in Your Career | Career Advice

Best Way to Be Luckier in Your Career

How to create more career luck in your life

"I have the worst luck."
"I can't catch a break."
"People like me never have it easy."

If you are reading this article, I bet you've said one or more of the statements above about your career. You wouldn't have even bothered to click on the headline if you didn't feel you deserved more luck. Don't worry, you're in good company. Millions of Americans are feeling unlucky in their careers - and with good reason. We have 30M+ people who are unemployed or under-employed in the U.S. 70% of Americans are unhappy with their jobs, and 15% straight-out hate their work.

People Luckier Than You Do 4 Things Differently

They say you need to create your own luck. Turns out, there's some informal science proving the statement true.

In his new book, Be Luckier in Life, Craig Forman has distilled down four things professionally lucky people do differently. They:

  • Don't simply "communicate" with others, but find ways to authentically connect with others.
  • Use the right toolkit of people skills, conceptual skills, judgment and character that helps them succeed in finding new opportunities and re-framing setbacks to their advantage.
  • Swing for the fences when a big, fat pitch of opportunity comes their way.
  • Know when to lighten up and maintain perspective.

While I agree with all of these, I also know most people don't know how to execute them.

Develop Your Lucky Skills With This

If you want to be luckier in your career, you need to develop some skills. I built The G.L.O.W. Method years ago as a way to teach clients how to create their own career luck. Here's what you need to be skilled at doing to improve your career:

G - Gain Perspective
L - Luminate The Goal
O - Own Your Actions
W - Work It Daily

 

The AOL Career Luck Project (a/k/a Your Chance to Get Help!)

The best way to learn how to create more luck in your career is to see it in action. Here's my proposal to you: swing for the fences (like the lucky people do) and take a chance by submitting your career story to me. If I select you, you must be willing to let me show AOL readers your "before" and "after" career story. We need to be able to teach others how to give themselves an extreme career makeover like the one I'm going to give you.

Interested? Email me at CareerLuck@teamaol.com and tell me your story. Be sure to include your resume and Linkedin profile too. If you are the lucky one chosen, I'll be in touch and do a one-hour coaching call with you for free (a $250 value). I'll also give you a copy of my book ($9.95) and one-month access to my exclusive DIY career coaching program, CareerHMO (costs $195). You'll leave the session with a clear game plan of what you need to do to create some career luck. Sound good? Great! Let's get started on your journey to being a luckier professional.